04 December 2008

Winter Crafting 2008

It is officially winter 2008. There have been a few overnight frosts ,and I even got to see some snow already! This winter season is rather busy.
My work schedule has gotten more full. I am a full time employee now, so Iwork longer hours. I am a full fledged trainer and permanent employee, and my responsibilities are just piling on.
My home schedule has gotten busier, being that this is my first Christmas being married. That is really exciting!

My crafts have exploded! I am doing more than ever this year in the form of crafting. Between my sewing, crocheting, and cross stitching, you would think that would be enough. But when I got my new sewing machine (which does embroidery) I got into some of that too. Not to mention, there is a kit for my machine that makes quilting easier! And that means I am quilting more.

All the business is always rewarded by the joy of the season. We decorated our first tree together this year! It is beautiful, and of course comes with a kitchen theme. There is a tree skirt quilted by my mom, and lots of baking related ornaments.

Coming up in the next week, ?I will be posting just a few of my latest craft creations. But be careful, some of these may end up in a home near you. ;) I am trying not to post Christmas gifts until after the holidays, but everyone makes mistakes.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful tree! Can't wait to see your projects next week!!

Stephanie Kay said...

Fun ornaments! We have those same icicle ornaments - though they aren't out this year.

I can't wait to see what you've been crafting. Here's a suggestion. My sil has a machine that embroiders. She did a picture and "Samuel" on a plain white cloth diaper (aka - burp cloth). It looks really cute. You could do those as gifts.

Which reminds me, Sam lays on his fun quilt every day for tummy time. It's getting a lot of use.

Have you considered opening an Etsy shop and selling some of your crafts?

Kat said...

I have considered selling some of my crafts and am indeed selling some crocheted pieces at work. But I have never heard of an Etsy Shop. What is that and how do you get one of those?