We were all tasked with putting together a 5 minute presentation on the instruction of how to perform a task. Everyone did something different; some demonstrations were food related and some were not. If I remember correctly, I think I did a quick demonstration on homemade pinatas.
One of the girls in the class, however, did a demonstration on how to crochet. Sweet! I thought. A new craft to add to my growing knowledge of crafts. So within this 5 minute presentation she showed us how to start the beginning chain and how to do a single and double crochet. From there I was 'hooked', excuse the pun ;).
I went to the store that night, picked up a skein of yarn and a crochet hook. My very first project was a scarf made entirely of double crochet stitches. In case you are wondering what that looks like, it would be a whole bunch of these stitches, pictured below:
Now, five years later, I am still learning. I have learned a few more chrochet stitches and I have also learned to read patterns. I found a pattern for this scarf online and decided to give it a shot.
At least someone will be nice and cozy this winter. :)

1 comment:
Didn't know you learned this art from a public speaking presentation. How valuable!
Post a Comment