15 February 2009

Mystery Quilt

As I get more and more into quilting, I decided it would be fine to sign up for a quilting class. When I began looking, I found one that was a really good deal and it sounded like a lot of fun.
It is called the Cool Beans Mystery Quilt. So, you ask, what exactly is the mystery? When you sign up for the class, they hand you one sheet of paper and a paper bag. The paper has the fabric requirements written on it so you know how much fabric to get. It names the fabric by letter, and then you go and pick out your own fabrics.
The paper bag contains two plastic templates.
There is one meeting a month. During each meeting they give you a clue and help you with the technique you are learning that month. Since the first meeting isn't until next week - here is what I know about my quilt.
I picked a queen size quilt, chose blue and brown fabrics, and I have my two templates. From this picture, you now know as much about this quilt as I do.
Sounds like fun, right?

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

It would make me crazy not to know!! I'd never be able to pick fabric if I couldn't see the finished product in my head.