As I am gett
ing into quilting, I want to learn as many techniques as possible. I have already figured out piecing and simple quilting. But over my holiday vacation I found a really inexpensive kit that came with the fabric and instructions to learn how to applique.
Applique refers to a needlework technique in which pieces of fabric are sewn onto another piece of fabric to create or enhance a design.
When you see those quilts with the pretty flower or fruit designs on them, it is usually applique. So I decided to try it. This kit only had a few small pieces to applique and it was my first attempt at applique, but I still think it looks ok. Next is a really nice wall hanging. Not sure what I am going to do with this small square. Maybe it will be a small pillow cover. Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment