After seeing so many quilting magazines and websites, I have learned one really interesting thing. Everyone has a design board. They put different fabrics on their board to see how well they go together. They arrange different blocks on the board to see what kind of different patterns they can create. These design boards are used a lot in quilting magazines.
You can purchase a design board for a fairly high price, or you can do what I did.
Most design boards are made from felt or a similar fabric. They are also usually white and occasionally black. Neutral colors are good since you really want to see the colors and patterns of the quilt fabrics. Felt at the craft store only costs about 5$ a yard. One yard is plenty large enough for a basic design board. I chose a nice charcoal grey color.
Then I took some thumb tacks that I already had and just tacked the felt to the wall. It was easy, simple, and inexpensive. And now I use my design board as much as possible. It is really fun to see the fabrics just 'stick' to the felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment