10 November 2010

A Unique Wedding Quilt





When I think of weddings, I think of the traditional white dress with a big cake and close family and friends in attendance. This was not the case for my most recent wedding adventure.

The bride and groom are very amazing and unique people. I have not known them long, but I love them just the same. I am glad to have met them, and thrilled that I was able to share in their special day.

So when a friend and I decided to make a wedding quilt for them, we knew traditional was not going to cut it. We searched through patterns until we found the perfect one. It was not white or cream or even a pale color that is traditional in wedding quilts. It was not the double wedding ring pattern or a traditional signature quilt. This was truly a unique and perfect quilt. We used red (a favorite color of the bride) and black to really make the pattern stand out.



No comments: