11 November 2010

Quilter For Hire



I have been making quilts for a couple of years now, and I am slowly getting better at it. People are also seeing my work as I give quilts as gifts or even just make them for myself.


I made a quilt for a friend recently for her birthday. A couple of months later she asked if I would be willing to make a few quilts for her family. She wanted to give these customized quilts as gifts to her loved ones.



The first quilt I needed to finish for this order was for a birthday. I was asked to incorporate the colors of turquoise and purple. I actually used the turquoise 'fabrics for a cause' collection to complete this pattern and it worked out perfectly.



The best part, these are not actually diamonds! They are all half square triangles and every seam is a straight line. Visual illusions are amazing, aren't they?

No comments: