I was recently invited to a wedding being held at a castle in upstate New York. After the wedding (which was amazingly beautiful), we had some time to spare before we had to be at the reception. I was able to walk around the grounds and take a look through this stunning castle.
This is Boldt Castle located in Alexandria Bay. They have been restoring the castle for many years, and have only just started. Several of the rooms have been completed, but there are still thousands of square feet untouched. You can still see the original bricks, the mortar, and some of the original wall slats. I hope to go back and visit Boldt castle again when I have learned more about its history.
I also managed to make a quilt for the wedded couple, but I will leave that for another post coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment