02 November 2009

Patti Challenge

My mom was the one who got me into quilting. She also got some of her work friends into quilting, and we have become a small quilting group. Although I do not get to quilt with everyone often, we still share our projects and our troubles. Patti is one of those ladies.

A few weeks ago I received two pieces of fabric in the mail. It was pretty, but I had no idea why I had it. Both pieces were the same print, but one had a black background and the other was cream.



There were no rules, except that you had to use these two pieces of fabric in one project. It could be anything. I started by making half square triangles with the light and dark fabric.



Afterwards, I found three coordinating prints that I really liked. These went into a simple four patch block.




I then laid out the blocks, alternating the challenge fabric with the additional prints.




i added a simple border, and voila! A lovely Autumn table runner. It is washable and lovely. The fabric has a lot of golden accents to it, so I would probably use gold accents in my table decorations also.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

I love it!! A table runner, huh? A simple wood basket filled with apples, or little pumpkins, or gourds, or even acorns (we've got tons this year!) would look great.

Why is it I can come up with tons of ideas for decorating other people's houses but am a blank wall for my own?