My mom and I took a trip to Texas to surprise my Oma for her birthday, and because we really wanted to visit. We planned for a few months, coordinated flights, warned my Opa because he hates surprises, and when the time came we packed our things and flew to Texas. We only planned a few things: the flight into and out of Austin, the rental car, and the Big surprise. we left the rest of the week open to anything we wanted to do and anything Oma would want to take us to see.
The surprise was amazing. Oma had absolutely no clue or suspicion we were going to be arriving. We pulled into the driveway, got out of the car, and went to knock on the door. Oma opened the door, and her look was a priceless expression of shock and stun, as she looked from my mom to me and back to my mom. :)
During our week, there happened to be a quilt show happening, so we decided to take a drive and check it out. I just want to share some of the quilts I was really amazed with. I can only hope one day I am this good. I love all the colors and intricacies and the planning that went into these quilts.
This was gorgeous. The colors just seemed to spill from one star to the next, and the background had all of the colors in it. Absolutely beautiful design and well pieced. I love it when corners match up almost perfectly every time.
We did so much during that week to Texas and had an amazing time. There were quilt shops, food, fun, sewing, new quilting toys, and so much more. I can't wait until the new year to try out all my new stuff!
1 comment:
Beautiful!!! My head hurts just thinking about keeping all those colors straight!
Post a Comment