30 April 2009

Oh the Mystery!

I have been working on a mystery quilt for a few months now, and every month I get a new clue when I go to the meeting. they tell me how many of each piece I need to cut or sew together, and any helpful hints in performing those tasks. plus, there is a door prize at each meeting.

Unfortunately, I moved and am no longer able to go to the meetings. this subtracts some of the fun. However, I asked if the store would be able to mail me the clues each month, and alas, they agreed.

This is what I received for Clue #2. I was to sew together three different units. Since I already cut all of my pieces, this was superbly easy. Here are those three pieces:

There is a 4-patch, the four small squares are sewn together to create this small checkerboard pattern. There is a block, which is referred to as 'Peaky and Spike' and that is the one that looks like a large triangle in the middle of a square. The third piece is a large triangle made of four smaller triangles. The instructions refer to this as 'Bird in Flight'.

I am never sure where they come up with the names of these segments, but everything is coming together nicely. And of course I still have no idea what the finished quilt will look like.

Any ideas??

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

I could never do a "mystery" quilt. I NEED to know what the finished product will look like before I start!! Control freak, much? Sadly, yes.

Kat said...

I guess itreally is only for the brave quilting souls, but so far so good.
Just wait for the next post ;)
I am really liking my color choices.