03 May 2009

Its All In The Cutting

For my birthday last month, I went to visit my parents in New Jersey. While I was there, my mom was able to get a quilting class scheduled just for us and the small quilting group of friends she has. This is a wonderful group of ladies, and we always have a great time when we get together and quilt.
This class is called "4 Patch Posies" and it was so much fun! We learned a technique called "Stack and Whack". You must first find a fabric that has a repeating pattern. Once you do that, you just have a lot of stacking, lining up the patterns, and cutting.

With very careful and precise cutting, you can easily turn this piece of fabric:

Into this:

I had so much fun putting this together, and it was so simple. I am going to make another similar one, except I have picked some really soft flannel fabrics.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

WOW! I am amazed and impressed!