07 April 2009

Moving, Again?


Wow! It feels like just yesterday I was writing about our move to Warwick, RI and our beautiful, tiny house with tacky wallpaper. And here I am, moving, again.

Really I should write this in the past tense, seeing as how we are already here, in beautiful New Hampshire. Of course right now it is not so beautiful. On the radio they were talking about the possibility of snow - in April! It is raining day in and day out, and the snow is melting off the mountains and flooding everywhere around us. But God shows me His beauty everyday. Like in our front yard in front of a fence there is a small flower bed, and everyday I get to see the bulb flowers growing a little more out of the ground. Soon I may actually be able to tell what kind of flowers they are. ;)

God has blessed us with a lovely little home, sans the tacky wallpaper. And we are almost completely unpacked. I had to laugh, though, as I worked to unpack on the first day. I would pull a box off the truck, unpack it, pull a box off the truck, unpack... and so that went for about six hours. Every box I pulled off the truck and unpacked was labeled - 'Kitchen'. I figured it out this way. The kitchen is about 25% of the house's total area. The stuff that went into the kitchen - about 70% of the boxes off the truck!

I suppose for two chefs that is natural, but it somehow seems really out of balance for the rest of the house. Then again the rest breaks down this way: 20% crafts and sewing, 7% books, and 3% clothes.

As soon as we are all moved in, I hope to have pictures of the new house. It will be a virtual visit to my new home.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

What?! I'm sorry, what?! You've moved?! When did this happen? Did I miss you coming to church to say good-bye or are you coming back down? Clearly I've missed something (and if it's on FB, obviously I've not been on there in a while).