Occasionally I get requests for quilts, and really I have only gotten two. One friend wanted me to make her a quilt, and she was looking for something fairly simple looking. When I asked her what color scheme she was looking at, she told me 'black and white'.
So off I went to create a simple black and white quilt. With 6 yards of white, 6 yards of black, and 8 yards of a different black fabric for the back of the quilt, I set off on my way.
For two weekends I spent all day and night seeing only black and white fabrics. Then I kept going adding 2 giant spools of black thread and 2 giant spools of white thread. This was for all of the top-stitching and quilting to get the secondary pattern into the quilt. This process was another 12 hours of standing in a cold room with the large quilter.
After all is said and done, and my weekends without techni-color, this 100% cotton queen size quilt is stunning.
1 comment:
It is AMAZING!!! So, how much would you charge me for a queen size quilt? :)
Post a Comment