06 March 2009

Green Contest

As the world is turning to a more 'green' attitude, so is quilting. Well, it has always been pretty green. But there are more bamboo products and pure cotton products. One very natural company put out a challenge - to make a simple quilt block.
Here are the rules:
  • The block must be a 12.5" square

  • The block must be made of cotton fabrics and contain at least 40% of the color green

  • You have to mail the unfinished block (no backing or batting) to the company

That's it! So I found a picture of a block that I thought would be fun, and I did all of the math and the planning, on my own! This is the first time I have not followed a specific pattern. So cool. I was really excited with how it turned out.

Now all I need is a name, to put on the entry form. What do you think I should call my block?



1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

I have no idea about a name. Impressive job on the design!