When we decided that we needed to move, I started looking for a house to move into that would be in an area easy enough for both of us to get to work and close enough to the school and church to still be involved. We took a lot of things into consideration and finally found a great place.
While I am excited to be moving, the actual process is a little more stressful than it would seem. Firt, you have to locate boxes, sort through all of the things you have gathered over the past year, organize, and pack. then you have to haul the things out of the house (for us that is down three flights of stairs), pack them in a van, truck, car, or other assorted motorized vehicle, and drive to the next location. Here the vehicle will be unloaded and the stuff will be moved into the house. Next comes the large task of unpacking and deciding where everything will go. You see, when you are in a place for a year, things seem to find their places and that is where they stay. Once you move, there are new places and things have to find their way into these new places instead.
Moving requires time. we all know this. Lets now complicate things a little bit more. I have to take a training class at work; my supervisor signed me up for this and didn't even attempt to take my life into consideration. I am now scheduled to work for eleven days straight, spot on in the middle of the month. Hmmm...
Amongst all of this stress, I am finding less and less time to spend with some of my favorite things - my crafts and projects. So with my quilts, blankets, cards, and memory albums set off to the side, I will continue to attempt to schedule and plan this move.
I am thinking I may have a moving party! I need to decide when to do it, howwever. And where people are going to park since there is not a whole lot of room in the driveway area...
No comments:
Post a Comment