13 August 2008

We Are Here!


After a day of grueling work moving furniture and other whatnot, and another day of unpacking and reorganizing all the whatnot, we are finally here. We are in our new (well, new to us, and old to everyone else) house that we are renting from a really nice land-lady.

Although, I am happy to be here, there are definitely a few quirks. Such as: the stove has a clock on it which cannot be set because the button is missing and blinks 88:88 all the time. Or: the windows don't really stay up all the time because they are the old windows, but they were put in without counterweights to keep them in the position you want them in.

Inevitably, every place you live in will have its quirks; as long as you can learn to live with them (and maybe even someday enjoy them) it will be a good home. After all, home is not really the building, it is the love and people that occupy that building.

4 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

That clock would drive me bonkers! If you don't need the stove plugged in to light pilot lights or to run the stove (ie. not electric burners), I'd unplug it!!! But that's just me. = ) Glad you are moved in and that I can now comment. = )

Maria Mundy said...

You should put something over the clock so you don't have to look at it!! Like a picture or design...you're very creative Kat, I'm sure you could think of something!! You could even paint it to match the stove and write "The Gore's" or "Gore's Kitchen" on it. I don't your ideas will probably be better than mine!! :-)

Maria Mundy said...

*I don't know..


hehe, thoughts were faster than I could type!!!

Kat said...

Yeah, I will have to cover it up. Unfortunately, it runs off of the electricity, so I have to keep it plugged in. ;)
I am sure I will think of something.