31 December 2010

Quilter for Hire, The Finale!


This is the last of seven quilts that I was working on for Christmas. Yay! This was the most difficult and tedious of all the quilts. While the technique is fairly simple for a "Flying Geese" block, there are actually 320 flying geese blocks in this entire quilt. In sheer quantity, that makes this a difficult quilt. Also, I had to concentrate on which direction each of the "geese" was facing. While this was one of the most difficult quilts in this series, it is also one I am very proud to have done.


I hope you have enjoyed this seven part series, as I have enjoyed not only making the quilts, but also sharing them with you. I am ready for a new year, and many new projects starting with a few table runners and finishing some other quilts I had started previously.


Enjoy the holidays, and I will post again after the new year! :)


1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Katie, they are all lovely but this one is absolutely gorgeous. You did an outstanding job. I am sure your customer and her recipients will love them.