Welcome to Upstate New York, where there is snow a plenty. This is my front yard after an hour of snow. This also happened to be the first snow of the year. Of course, here in NY, this was the first of many. It has been snowing almost every other day since then, and we have collected
quite a bit of the fluffy white stuff.

Seeing as I haven't posted in almost a month, I figured I should write something now. I apologize for never finishing all those posts I said I would. I have gotten caught up in a bunch of things. There have been a few 'household' issues that have kept my mind preoccupied, and several other things that have kept me from my quilts.
I am ready for my Christmas break and the new year. I am hoping to just clear my busy mind and get back to the fun things, like quilting, that I take joy in doing.
We did get a dog, and I will post about her just as soon as I can get her to sit still for a picture (which is harder than it sounds).
I still have not finished the baby quilt I am working on, although there has been a lot of progress. And I have also started my very first '30s quilt, made entirely of 1930's inspired fabrics, which in quilting is a whole separate genre of quilts like holiday and batik genres.
I am really enjoying everything here in upstate NY. Everyone is friendly for the most part, and there are lots of small towns around my very own small town. Yesterday I went to a theatre for a free showing of The Muppets Christmas Carol. It wasn't just any theatre, it was one of those ones where there is one showing of one movie at a time, one theatre screen, and each movie is several hours apart because they have to take time to rewind the reel. It was really awesome. At some point I am also hoping to go to the Annual Charles Dickens Festival, which I will post about later (as long as I make it there).
Happy Holidays to everyone. Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Sounds wonderful!!!! The Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas movie. :) I bought it last year and we will be watching it in the next week or two. :)
Can't wait to see your finished quilts. And your new doggie! I understand your folks have a new addition too.
The theater sounds just like the base theaters. Looks like you are having a great time in NY.
Post a Comment