28 May 2009

The Big One!

So here it is, Mystery clue #4, and I have to say it is the biggest clue yet! This is really exciting for me. So exciting that I am publishing this before I have even completed the clue steps. So I am going to take you on a quick photo guide of this month's clue.
Remember these pieces from Clue #2?

Now add this piece which I was directed to make in Clue #4...
And this is what you get:

And this month's clue doesn't just end there. Oh no. Remember the block that was made in Clue #3? That's right, add those blocks to these blocks, and you get something that looks kind of like this:



Now I have sewn the blocks into rows, and soon I will sew the rows together. But this is all superbly exciting as I am watching it all go together, and I just had to share.

Next month, I daresay there will be borders added. I better find a backing fabric soon so I wan finish this whole thing. It is about 75 inches square now, and I already know it will be about 85 inches square when I am finished. (They told me that when I was picking out fabric.)

Hope you are as excited as I am. Any ideas on what I should put on the back of this one? A solid or print? Blue or brown?

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! That is exciting and beautiful!! As for the backing, it depends on what your borders are. :) Thank you for sharing this fun mystery quilt with us!