06 March 2010

Bluebonnet Challenge

Every year near the Austin area of Texas, there is a shop hop called Bluebonnet Trails. There are many quilt shops in the area that are involved. They run a contest a few months prior to the shop hop, showing the winning blocks in the shops during the hop. The challenge is to take a small bit of fabric that the shop chooses and create a 12" quilt block. You can do just about whatever you like to do, but the block must be 12" and unfinished. They take these blocks later and turn them into quilts which are then donated.

This year I decided to participate. The charity is for Camp Braveheart - a charity that helps children who have lost a loved one. The fabric is a fun polka dot print. I paired mine with a few batiks, trying to be bright and fun, without being too juvenile. Here it is:

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

I like it :-)