This year, I am feeling like I need a few adventures to spice up my life. Most of my adventures will probably involve visiting friends and family, but since college and the military made me a well rounded person, I also have many places I can visit.
During my visit, we played on the frozen lake, went sledding (on a very icy and not so snowy hill), played on a team building ropes course, and just had an all around great time. She even taught me how to rock climb! I loved it!

My first stop this year was a trip to see my best friend, Liz. I met Liz during our freshman year of high school. We 'clicked' almost instantly. Every class we were able to take together was that much more fun, and every trip we took together was that much more entertaining. We helped each other through love and heartbreak, through good times and bad.
Right now she works in upstate NY, so far upstate I thought I should have brought my passport. We could see Canada across the lake, and could have taken a short ferry ride (if it wasn't closed).
During my visit, we played on the frozen lake, went sledding (on a very icy and not so snowy hill), played on a team building ropes course, and just had an all around great time. She even taught me how to rock climb! I loved it!We took a trip into the town of Lake Placid, where we went to an excellent steak restaurant. Mmmmm, beef. The restaurant had a lot of antiques around on shelves and windowsills. We started looking at the antiques on the windowsill next to our table and found a few interesting things, including: an old pair of skates, some old books, and... An iron plunger! Or at least that is what we think it is.

I was sad to see the trip end, but we both had to get back to work. My next adventure... I don't know yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment