06 September 2008

Getting Closer!



As I continue to work on this Butterfly Quilt, I am getting more and more excited the closer I get to being finished. Now I have all of the butterflies sewn together, and the borders are on. Now all that is left are what I call the three 'B's - Batting, Backing, and Binding.


It was during this quilt that my mom got so frustrated with this machine she decided I needed a new one. With the long side seams, my machine was making big messy knots left and right.


Now I am waiting for my mom to take a class on how to use her long arm quilting machine, and then we will piece together the batting and the backing. Then we will do the actual quilting part of the project.


I am really excited to see this quilt being closer to finished! It looks so good, and the border print really ties it all together.

2 comments:

J.Lynne said...

Hey!
The quilt looks amazing! Is it full size or lap blanket size? That new machine sounds soo exciting! I wish I had the time to need a machine like that. My family is praying for you and your struggles also.

Kat said...

It is a full size... well, about 55inches by 65 inches anyways.
The new machine is pretty awesome.
Thanks.