28 June 2009

Moving again?


Some of you may not know, but I grew up in a military family. And with every military family, we moved a lot. There was never a time where we could be completely settled. When we moved, we always kept the boxes. If we received a package, we kept the boxes because we would need them again. We were always on the move.

When I went to college, it was a similar circumstance. I always saved boxes and was never completely settled. For four years, I moved annually. Then I got married, and that was another move. For most people, that would be the end of it.

Then a new job for my husband came along, and we moved again. As we planned, we told the landlords we would be here for at least a year or two. This was to be our semi-permanent home.

Of course, when he called one night and asked what I thought about NY, I was a little wary. There is a new job, new offers, and the new potential for great expansion.

I was once told by a chef that there is a condition called 'CADD' (Chef's Attention Deficit Disorder). I thought that was amusing at the time, and now I think about it a little more seriously. Can there be much difference between a military family and a kitchen family?

Moving again? Maybe... We will wait and see.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Hey! Maybe that's why I save boxes, too!! We moved a lot when I was a kid. I'm talking every 1-3 years. We've lived in this house for 6+ years. The longest I've EVER lived in one place. It's weird. :)

Looking forward to hearing if you move again.